Vietnam Embassy in Wellington - Visa Information & how to apply
Embassy of Vietnam in Wellington - New Zealand
|Address:||Grand Plimmer Tower Level 21/2-6 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington, Lambton 6011, New Zealand|
|Phone:||+64 4 473 5912|
|Fax:||+64 4 473 5913|
|Office hours:||Monday - Friday 9:00am-12:00 AM and 2:00pm -5:00pm|
How to apply
Travellers from Wellington, New Zealand can apply for a visa for Vietnam in person at the embassy of Vietnam in Wellington or apply for a pre-approved visa letter online to pick up the visa on arrival.
To apply for an e-visa online from Wellington, please follow these steps:
- Access our online e-visa application form.
- Upload .jpg images of your New Zealander passport data page and a 4x6cm photo.
- Make the payment for the e-Visa fee (47 USD ~ 75 NZD)
- Wait 5-7 working days. The earliest possible would be 00:30 AM, local Wellington time on 13 October 2023.
- Receive evisa by email or download it on our status page.
To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Wellington, New Zealand, the following documents are required:
- Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
- Application form (Click here to download)
- 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
- Visa application fees
Visa on arrival is an easy and convenient way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for New Zealander applicants or foreign travellers residing in Wellington who plan to arrive in Vietnam by air from Wellington, New Zealand. The process involves 4 simple steps:
- Submit an online form for the approval letter.
- Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
- Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
- Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.
Visa on arrival price (Price quoted in NZD)
|Visa Type||3 Working Days||1 Working Day|
|1 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||19.2 NZD||38.5 NZD|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||22.5 NZD||41.7 NZD|
|3 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||32.1 NZD||51.3 NZD|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||40.1 NZD||59.3 NZD|
|1 Month Single Entry (Business)||144.3 NZD||174.8 NZD|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||152.3 NZD||182.8 NZD|
|3 Month Single Entry (Business)||176.4 NZD||222.9 NZD|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||200.4 NZD||247.0 NZD|
*Above price does NOT include stamping fee at Vietnam airport which is 25 USD for single entry (1 month/3 month) and 50 USD multiple entry (1 month/3 month). The price is quoted in New Zealand Dollar, click here to see our latest price in USD.
Frequently asked questions, answered
1 - How do I make a visa appointment at the Vietnamese embassy/consulate in Wellington?
2 - What time does the embassy open?
3 - How long does it take to get a visa in Wellington?
4 - How much is a tourist visa in Wellington?
E-visa: 25 USD for 1 month single entry.
Visa on arrival stamping fee: 25 USD for single entry and 50 USD for multiple entry.