How to apply for a Vietnamese E-visa
Detailed instructions, fee and everything you need to know 2023
Who can apply for eVisa?
Vietnamese eVisa facility is available for these following countries: see list
How to apply?
Applicant can apply in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Provide the application details and upload the necessary documents.
Step 2: Review your application and pay the fee online.
Step 3: Download the eVisa document by email within 5-7 working days.
The payment for the Vietnam eVisa is the final step in your application process, following the submission of your details and the required documents.
Applicants should be aware that the Vietnamese e-Visa Fee is non-refundable.
Please click here to calculate your eVisa Fee.
Port of Entry
The Vietnamese e-visa can be used for entry through the following 33 designated ports:
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Can Tho International Airport (Can Tho)
- Phu Quoc International Airport (Phu Quoc Island)
See full list of eligible port of entry/exit!
At the Arrival Port in Vietnam
Upon your arrival in Vietnam with the e-visa document, please follow these steps:
- Present your passport and e-Visa document to the Vietnamese Immigration officer.
- Get the final Immigration approval and enter Vietnam.
If you are applying for the Vietnamese e-visa, you have to upload the following documents:
- Photograph size 4x6 cm (have been taken no longer than 6 months).
- Passport bio page.
Note: Please upload the photo of your passport that covers the whole bio page including its ICAO lines (two lines at the bottom of the page)
- Format: The photo should be in JPEG format.
- Size: 4x6cm
- Background: The background should be plain white or light-colored.
The processing time for the e-visa is usually 5-7 working days after the application is submitted and the visa fee is paid, assuming that all the information provided by applicants meets the criteria and is accepted by the Vietnamese Immigration office.
The Embassy of Vietnam and Immigration Offices will be closed on the following public holidays:
Vietnamese Public Holidays and Closures 2023
|Hung Kings Festival
|Liberation Day/Reunification Day
|International Labor Day
|Vietnamese Family Day
|Vietnamese Women's Day
|International New Year's Eve
|International New Year's Day
Please note that the processing time may take longer during the holiday breaks!