Vietnam Consulate in Shanghai - Visa Information & how to apply
Embassy of Vietnam in Shanghai - China
|Address:||3F, Huachen financial mansion. No 900, Pudong Ave, Shanghai, China|
|Phone:||+86-21-6855 5871 or +86-21-6855 5872|
|Office hours:||Monday - Friday: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm|
How to apply
Travellers from Shanghai, China can apply for a visa for Vietnam in person at the embassy of Vietnam in Shanghai or apply for a pre-approved visa letter online to pick up the visa on arrival.
To apply for an e-visa online from Shanghai, please follow these steps:
- Access our online e-visa application form.
- Upload .jpg images of your Chinese passport data page and a 4x6cm photo.
- Make the payment for the e-Visa fee (47 USD ~ 334 CNY)
- Wait 5-7 working days. The earliest possible would be 19:30 PM, local Shanghai time on 16 October 2023.
- Receive evisa by email or download it on our status page.
To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Shanghai, China, the following documents are required:
- Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
- Application form (Click here to download)
- 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
- Visa application fees
Visa on arrival is an easy and convenient way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for Chinese applicants or foreign travellers residing in Shanghai who plan to arrive in Vietnam by air from Shanghai, China. The process involves 4 simple steps:
- Submit an online form for the approval letter.
- Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
- Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
- Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.
Visa on arrival price (Price quoted in CNY)
|Visa Type||3 Working Days||1 Working Day|
|1 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||85.4 CNY||170.7 CNY|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||99.6 CNY||184.9 CNY|
|3 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||142.3 CNY||227.6 CNY|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||177.8 CNY||263.2 CNY|
|1 Month Single Entry (Business)||640.2 CNY||775.3 CNY|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||675.7 CNY||810.9 CNY|
|3 Month Single Entry (Business)||782.4 CNY||988.7 CNY|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||889.1 CNY||1095.4 CNY|
*Above price does NOT include stamping fee at Vietnam airport which is 25 USD for single entry (1 month/3 month) and 50 USD multiple entry (1 month/3 month). The price is quoted in Chinese Yuan, click here to see our latest price in USD.
Frequently asked questions, answered
1 - How do I make a visa appointment at the Vietnamese embassy/consulate in Shanghai?
2 - What time does the embassy open?
3 - How long does it take to get a visa in Shanghai?
4 - How much is a tourist visa in Shanghai?
E-visa: 25 USD for 1 month single entry.
Visa on arrival stamping fee: 25 USD for single entry and 50 USD for multiple entry.