How to apply for a Vietnam visa in San Jose
Embassy of Vietnam in San Jose
There currently is NO embassy or consulate of Vietnam in San Jose, Costa Rica. Visitors from San Jose can contact the nearest embassy of Vietnam in Panama City, Panama for visa information.
|Nearest Embassy||Embassy of Vietnam in Panama City (440.3 km)|
|Address||Local 3, Piso 10, Edificio Banco Atlantico, Calle 50 y 53, Panama|
|Phone||+507 6990 3656(Dial +507 when calling from San Jose)|
|Current time in San Jose||Thursday May 13, 2021 14:00 PM ( 1.0 hour behind of Panama City, Panama)|
How to get from San Jose to the embassy in Panama City
How to apply
Costa Rican nationals and foreign visitors living in San Jose, Costa Rica can choose between applying for a visa through the embassy of Vietnam in Panama City or applying online for an approval letter to pick up the visa on arrival.
To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in San Jose, the following documents are REQUIRED:
- Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
- Application form (Click here to download)
- 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
- Visa application fees
Visa on arrival is an alternative way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for applicants who plan to arrive Vietnam by Air from San Jose, Costa Rica (Average flight time between San Jose and Vietnam is 27 hours, 21 minutes). The process involves 4 simple steps:
- Submit an online form for the approval letter.
- Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
- Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
- Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.