Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand - Visa Information & How to Apply
|Available Visas||Visa Requirements||Visa Information||Get This Visa|
|Business||Visa required||For business travelers holding New Zealander passports who visit Vietnam for signing contacts, attending conferences or other business activities.||Get it as soon as|
|Tourist||Visa required||For New Zealander passport holders who visit Vietnam for tourism purposes.||Get it as soon as 00:30 - Saturday - 09 December, 2023 ( 9 days 15 hours from now)|
|Work||Visa required||For New Zealander nationals who intend to work in Vietnam.|
|Student||Visa required||For students from New Zealand who plan to study in Vietnam.|
Embassies and Consulates of Vietnam in New Zealand
Grand Plimmer Tower Level 21/2-6 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington, Lambton 6011, New Zealand
+64 4 473 5912
+64 4 473 5913
Monday - Friday 9:00am-12:00 AM and 2:00pm -5:00pm (Open now)
Time Right Now
Wellington: Wednesday Nov 29, 2023 09:16 AM (Pacific/Auckland)
How to apply
New Zealander passport holders or foreign passports living in New Zealand can choose between 03 available methods below to apply for a visa to Vietnam.
To apply for an e-visa online from New Zealand, please follow these steps:
- Access our online e-visa application form.
- Upload .jpg images of your New Zealander passport data page and a 4x6cm photo.
- Make the payment for the e-Visa fee (47 USD ~ 75 NZD)
- Wait 5-7 working days. The earliest possible would be 00:30 AM, local Wellington time on 09 December 2023.
- Receive evisa by email or download it on our status page.
To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in New Zealand, the following documents are required:
- Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
- Application form (Click here to download)
- 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
- Visa application fees
Visa on arrival is an alternative way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for applicants who plan to arrive Vietnam by air from New Zealand. The process involves 4 simple steps:
- Submit an online form for the approval letter.
- Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
- Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
- Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.
Visa on arrival price (Price quoted in NZD)
|Visa Type||3 Working Days||1 Working Day|
|1 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||19.2 NZD||38.5 NZD|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||22.5 NZD||41.7 NZD|
|3 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||32.1 NZD||51.3 NZD|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||40.1 NZD||59.3 NZD|
|1 Month Single Entry (Business)||144.3 NZD||174.8 NZD|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||152.3 NZD||182.8 NZD|
|3 Month Single Entry (Business)||176.4 NZD||222.9 NZD|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||200.4 NZD||247.0 NZD|
*Above price does NOT include stamping fee at Vietnam airport which is 25 USD for single entry (1 month/3 month) and 50 USD multiple entry (1 month/3 month). The price is quoted in New Zealand Dollar, click here to see our latest price in USD.
2023 Public Holiday Schedules in New Zealand
To observe the public holidays of Vietnam and New Zealand, the embassy/consulate offices may close on the following holidays of 2023.
|Westland Anniversary Day||04 December 2023||Monday||4 days, 20 hours|
|December Solstice||22 December 2023||Friday||22 days, 20 hours|
|Christmas Eve||24 December 2023||Sunday||24 days, 20 hours|
|Christmas Day||25 December 2023||Monday||25 days, 20 hours|
|Boxing Day||26 December 2023||Tuesday||26 days, 20 hours|
|New Year's Eve||31 December 2023||Sunday||31 days|
|International New Year's Eve||31 December 2023||Sunday||31 days|
|International New Year's Day||01 January 2024||Monday||32 days|
|New Year's Day||01 January 2024||Monday||32 days|
|Day after New Year's Day||02 January 2024||Tuesday||33 days|