How to apply for a Vietnam visa in Kathmandu
Embassy of Vietnam in Kathmandu
There currently is NO embassy or consulate of Vietnam in Kathmandu, Nepal. Visitors from Kathmandu can contact the nearest embassy of Vietnam in Dhaka, Bangladesh for visa information.
|Nearest Embassy||Embassy of Vietnam in Dhaka (667.5 km)|
|Address||Rd 24, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh|
|Phone||+88 02 985 4052(Dial +880 when calling from Kathmandu)|
|Current time in Kathmandu||Friday May 14, 2021 01:57 AM ( 0.25 hour behind of Dhaka, Bangladesh)|
How to get from Kathmandu to the embassy in Dhaka
How to apply
Nepalese nationals and foreign visitors living in Kathmandu, Nepal can choose between applying for a visa through the embassy of Vietnam in Dhaka or applying online for an approval letter to pick up the visa on arrival.
To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Kathmandu, the following documents are REQUIRED:
- Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
- Application form (Click here to download)
- 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
- Visa application fees
Visa on arrival is an alternative way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for applicants who plan to arrive Vietnam by Air from Kathmandu, Nepal (Average flight time between Kathmandu and Vietnam is 3 hours, 40 minutes). The process involves 4 simple steps:
- Submit an online form for the approval letter.
- Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
- Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
- Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.