How to apply for a Vietnam visa in Port Moresby
Embassy of Vietnam in Port Moresby
There currently is NO embassy or consulate of Vietnam in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. Visitors from Port Moresby can contact the nearest embassy of Vietnam in Sydney, Australia for visa information.
|Nearest Embassy||Embassy of Vietnam in Sydney (2747.9 km)|
|Address||205/203-233 New South Head Rd, Edgecliff NSW 2027, Australia|
|Phone||+61 02 9327 1912 or +61 02 9327 2539(Dial +61 when calling from Port Moresby)|
|Current time in Port Moresby||Saturday Jun 19, 2021 00:05 AM ( 1.0 hour behind of Sydney, Australia)|
How to get from Port Moresby to the embassy in Sydney
How to apply
Papua New Guinean nationals and foreign visitors living in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea can choose between applying for a visa through the embassy of Vietnam in Sydney or applying online for an approval letter to pick up the visa on arrival.
To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Port Moresby, the following documents are REQUIRED:
- Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
- Application form (Click here to download)
- 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
- Visa application fees
Visa on arrival is an alternative way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for applicants who plan to arrive Vietnam by Air from Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (Average flight time between Port Moresby and Vietnam is 9 hours, 24 minutes). The process involves 4 simple steps:
- Submit an online form for the approval letter.
- Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
- Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
- Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.