Vietnam Embassy in Washington - Visa Information & how to apply
Embassy of Vietnam in Washington - United States
|Address:||1233 20th St NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036, USA|
|Phone:||+1 202 861 0737|
|Fax:||+1 202 861 0917|
|Office hours:||Monday- Friday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 14:00 pm - 17:00 pm|
How to apply
Travellers from Washington, United States can apply for a visa for Vietnam in person at the embassy of Vietnam in Washington or apply for a pre-approved visa letter online to pick up the visa on arrival.
To apply for an e-visa online from Washington, please follow these steps:
- Access our online e-visa application form.
- Upload .jpg images of your U.S passport data page and a 4x6cm photo.
- Make the payment for the e-Visa fee 47 USD
- Wait 5-7 working days. The earliest possible would be 07:30 AM, local Washington time on 13 October 2023.
- Receive evisa by email or download it on our status page.
To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Washington, United States, the following documents are required:
- Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
- Application form (Click here to download)
- 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
- Visa application fees
Visa on arrival is an easy and convenient way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for U.S applicants or foreign travellers residing in Washington who plan to arrive in Vietnam by air from Washington, United States. The process involves 4 simple steps:
- Submit an online form for the approval letter.
- Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
- Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
- Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.
Visa on arrival price (Price quoted in USD)
|Visa Type||3 Working Days||1 Working Day|
|1 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||12 USD||24 USD|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||14 USD||26 USD|
|3 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||20 USD||32 USD|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||25 USD||37 USD|
|1 Month Single Entry (Business)||90 USD||109 USD|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||95 USD||114 USD|
|3 Month Single Entry (Business)||110 USD||139 USD|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||125 USD||154 USD|
*Above price does NOT include stamping fee at Vietnam airport which is 25 USD for single entry (1 month/3 month) and 50 USD multiple entry (1 month/3 month).
Frequently asked questions, answered
1 - How do I make a visa appointment at the Vietnamese embassy/consulate in Washington?
2 - What time does the embassy open?
3 - How long does it take to get a visa in Washington?
4 - How much is a tourist visa in Washington?
E-visa: 25 USD for 1 month single entry.
Visa on arrival stamping fee: 25 USD for single entry and 50 USD for multiple entry.