How to apply for a Vietnam visa in Colombo
Embassy of Vietnam in Colombo - Sri Lanka
|Address:||No. 30/5, Ward Place, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka|
|Phone:||+94 11 2696 050|
|Fax:||+94 11 2692 040|
|Office hours:||Mon - Fri 09.00 am - 12.00 pm; 02.00 pm - 05.00 pm|
How to apply
Travellers from Colombo, Sri Lanka can apply for a visa for Vietnam in person at the embassy of Vietnam in Colombo or apply for a pre-approved visa letter online to pick up the visa on arrival.
To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Colombo, Sri Lanka, the following documents are REQUIRED:
- Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
- Application form (Click here to download)
- 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
- Visa application fees
Visa on arrival is an easy and convenient way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for Sri Lankan applicants or foreign travellers residing in Colombo who plan to arrive in Vietnam by air from Colombo, Sri Lanka. The process involves 4 simple steps:
- Submit an online form for the approval letter.
- Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
- Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
- Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.
Frequently asked questions, answered
1 - How do I make a visa appointment at the Vietnamese embassy/consulate in Colombo?
2 - What time does the embassy open?
3 - How long does it take to get a visa in Colombo?
4 - How much is a tourist visa in Colombo?
E-visa: 25 USD for 1 month single entry.
Visa on arrival stamping fee: 25 USD for single entry and 50 USD for multiple entry.