How to apply for a Vietnam visa in Ubon Ratchathani


Embassy of Vietnam in Ubon Ratchathani

There is NO embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand. Travellers from Ubon Ratchathani can contact the nearest embassy of Vietnam in Khon Kaen for visa information.

Nearest Embassy Embassy of Vietnam in Khon Kaen (253.0 km)
Address 159/12-13 Chata Phadung Rd, Tambon Nai Mueang, Amphoe Mueang Khon Kaen, Chang Wat Khon Kaen 40000, Thailand
Phone +66 43 242 190
Distance 253.0km (157.2mi)
Travel Time
  • Train, bus total time 8h 9m
  • Train total time 8h 17m
  • Drive total time 4h 28m
  • Fly to Khon Kaen total time 4h 23m
  • Fly to Udon Thani, bus total time 4h 16m
  • Fly to Roi Et, taxi, bus total time 6h 19m
Current time in Ubon Ratchathani Wednesday Mar 22, 2023 19:34 PM

How to get from Ubon Ratchathani to the embassy in Khon Kaen

How to apply

Thai nationals and foreign visitors living in Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand can choose between applying for a visa through the embassy of Vietnam in Khon Kaen or applying online for an approval letter to pick up the visa on arrival.

Apply at the embassy

To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Ubon Ratchathani, the following documents are REQUIRED:

  • Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
  • Application form (Click here to download)
  • 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
  • Visa application fees

Apply for visa on arrival

Visa on arrival is an alternative way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for those who fly from Ubon Ratchathani to Vietnam (Average flight time between Ubon Ratchathani and Vietnam is about 1 hours, 4 minutes). The process involves 4 simple steps:

  1. Submit an online form for the approval letter.
  2. Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
  3. Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
  4. Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.