Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok - Visa Information & how to apply
Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok - Thailand
|Address:||83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand|
|Phone:||+66 2 251 7202|
|Fax:||+66 2 251 7203|
|Office hours:||Monday - Friday 08.00 - 12.00 and 14.00 - 17.30 Hrs.|
How to apply
Travellers from Bangkok, Thailand can apply for a visa for Vietnam in person at the embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok or apply for a pre-approved visa letter online to pick up the visa on arrival.
To apply for an e-visa online from Bangkok, please follow these steps:
- Access our online e-visa application form.
- Upload .jpg images of your Thai passport data page and a 4x6cm photo.
- Make the payment for the e-Visa fee (47 USD ~ 1628 THB)
- Wait 5-7 working days. The earliest possible would be 18:30 PM, local Bangkok time on 12 October 2023.
- Receive evisa by email or download it on our status page.
To apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Bangkok, Thailand, the following documents are required:
- Valid passport for at least 06 months prior to your planned entry date (Travel documents or temporary passports may not be accepted)
- Application form (Click here to download)
- 02 recently taken passport sized photos (4*6cm)
- Visa application fees
Visa on arrival is an easy and convenient way to obtain a visa for Vietnam for Thai applicants or foreign travellers residing in Bangkok who plan to arrive in Vietnam by air from Bangkok, Thailand. The process involves 4 simple steps:
- Submit an online form for the approval letter.
- Receive the approval letter by Email in 2 working days.
- Prepare photos, entry/exit form, stamping fee and the approval letter
- Arrive at Vietnam airport, present all documents above to get the visa stamped on passport.
Visa on arrival price (Price quoted in THB)
|Visa Type||3 Working Days||1 Working Day|
|1 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||415.7 THB||831.4 THB|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||485.0 THB||900.7 THB|
|3 Month Single Entry (Tourist)||692.8 THB||1108.6 THB|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Tourist)||866.1 THB||1281.8 THB|
|1 Month Single Entry (Business)||3117.8 THB||3776.0 THB|
|1 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||3291.0 THB||3949.2 THB|
|3 Month Single Entry (Business)||3810.7 THB||4815.3 THB|
|3 Month Multiple Entry (Business)||4330.3 THB||5334.9 THB|
*Above price does NOT include stamping fee at Vietnam airport which is 25 USD for single entry (1 month/3 month) and 50 USD multiple entry (1 month/3 month). The price is quoted in Thailand Baht, click here to see our latest price in USD.
Frequently asked questions, answered
1 - How do I make a visa appointment at the Vietnamese embassy/consulate in Bangkok?
2 - What time does the embassy open?
3 - How long does it take to get a visa in Bangkok?
4 - How much is a tourist visa in Bangkok?
E-visa: 25 USD for 1 month single entry.
Visa on arrival stamping fee: 25 USD for single entry and 50 USD for multiple entry.